Shekar.SSr. UX Designer
ResumeSr. UX Designer
- A competent Designer with recent 3+ yrs of work experience in UI UX design, front-end development for Android, iOS Smart Phone, iPad, Tablet, Smart TV applications and Web UX backed with 9.5 years of experience in GIS & CADD.
- Exceptional background in providing superior creative design concepts, implementing and maintaining user interfaces for Android and iOS applications.
- Engages with the business development team and/or customer early on to seek a deeper appreciation of the customer's business problem/goals.
- Capable of working directly with customers in an iterative/agile manner to dramatically improve the prototypes in a short time.
- Seasoned professional with a unique blend of Managerial, Technical, Functional and Qualitative skills backed by strong record of people management and resource optimization.
- 6+ years of experience in UX Design.
- Mobile Application UI & UX Design Experience (Android & iOS).
- Concept to creation of the Smart TV & Android Tablet apps design in various category.
- Strong visual design skills: Aesthetics, layout, color theory and typography.
- Hands on Knowledge on Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator & Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge in Creation of Wireframes & Prototypes using Fireworks, Photoshop & Wireframesketcher.
- Knowledge of Core Java and Android Programming.
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, Extremely motivated self-starter, able to think proactively and to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team.
- Usability & Manual Testing of applications. Leadership, Training, and Team Building.
- Product Design : UI UX Design, Interaction Design, Usability Testing
- Languages : Knowledge of Android Programming, Core Java and SQL
- Web Tools : Knowledge on HTML & CSS
- Adobe Tools : Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator & Dreamweaver
- CADD/GIS Tools : AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map, Arc-GIS 9.2 and Microstation, etc
Sr. Principal Software Engineer – Accion Labs India Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
May 2015 – Till Date
Principal Engineer – Silicon Media Technologies Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
Sep 2010 – April 2015
- Understanding the business and functional requirement of the application.
- Defining the User Experience and User Interface for the Android & iOS applications.
- Participating in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
- Carrying out Wireframes, Graphic Work, Manual & Usability Testing of applications.
- Developing clean well executed design and presentation concepts at various project stages.
- Coordinating with team on design and prototype of new interfaces.
- Translating user requirements into usable interfaces aligned with business goals.
- Assisting in the creation of the requirements during product definition phase.
- Undergone training on Android Platform, Sep 2010 – May 2011
Project Leader – Talete Geospatial Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
July 2007 – July 2010
- Carried out project management activities involving Planning, Scheduling, Client Interaction, and providing technical solutions to both production and QA team.
- Motivated, Communicated openly and effectively with team to achieve desired results.
- Involved in estimation, schedule and quality of project and deliverables. Monitor and control the execution of the projects.
- Proactively involved in identifying skill gaps of the team members and addressing them. Conduct regular reviews of team members. Conducting Interviews and Appraisal’s for the team, Vendor’s relationships. Visited Italy twice for business trips.
Team Lead – Sidus Infotech Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
Apr 2002 – June 2007
- Managed a production team of 8 to 10 members, Estimation, Planning & Scheduling.
- Client interaction and providing technical solutions to team.
Cad Engineer – Surya Soft-tech Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
Sep 2000 – Mar 2002
- Responsible for designing new products using CAD software applications.
- Perform drafting duties as advised under supervision of assigned Lead Engineer or CAD supervisors.
- Liaise with other members of the project team where required.